Who are we?
We are Golden Opportunity Skills and Development (GOSAD), an independent not-for-profit charity (Registered charity number: 1121565) providing services in West London. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
We are a "data controller" for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and (from 25 May 2018) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("Data Protection Law"). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
The provision of your personal data to us is voluntary. However, without providing us with your personal data, you may be unable to take advantage of our services.
• We will only ever ask for what we really need to know.
• We will collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly.
• We will always respect your choices around the data that you share with us.
• We will put appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that you share.
• We will never sell your data.
1.How we use the information to help us run the charity effectively:
We may use your information to
• carry out our obligations arising from any grants we receive to enable us to carry out our services
• notify you of changes to our organisation;
• send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. (These may include information about the scheme you have enquired about or any of our other activities)
• conduct research into the impact of our services;
• Make submissions to third parties, where the third party works in partnership with GOSAD.
2. What information do we collect?
We will usually ask you for your name and address, date of birth and ethnicity as well as information you provide in any communications between us
We do request sensitive personal information from you such as ethnicity – our
reason for doing so is to allow us to monitor the effectiveness of our services in
reaching all communities and to satisfy our funders that we are properly expending grant monies received or applied for. The processing of this information is carried out in the course of our legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards and relates solely to our members or to former members. of our charity or to persons who have regular contact with us. This personal data is not disclosed without your consent.
Where you have provided us with your physical address, we may contact you by post to let you know about our events and/or activities that we consider may be of particular interest.
We may pass your information to our grant funders, Partners, for the purpose of securing and monitoring grant aid for our services and activities. We will not pass your information to any other third party or for any other reason.
5. Security of and access to your personal data
We endeavour to ensure that there are appropriate and proportionate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or of access to your personal information.
Your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff.
6. Lawful processing
We are required to have one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. The lawful grounds that apply to us are firstly, Your Consent, and, secondly, our Legitimate interests - Applicable law allows personal information to be collected and used if it is reasonably necessary for our legitimate activities (as long as its use is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact individuals’ rights).
We will rely on this ground to process your personal data when it is not practical or appropriate to ask for consent.
7. Your consent
By completing, signing GOSAD membership form or Course Enrolment form you are consenting to our use of your personal information as outlined above. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us
We are not required by law to have a “Data Protection Officer” – however we have a Data Protection Manager.
Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns whatsoever about the way in which your data is being processed by either emailing the Data Protection Manager at [email protected]
or by writing to us at the following address: Data Protection Manager
Golden Opportunity Skills and Development (GOSAD)